Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wind CHimes for Elderly by JL Denman


Wind Chimes for Elderly

Listen to me darling
Listen to my voice
hear the softness that comforts you dear one
Your gentle spirit is tired
Your heart longs to beat free
sweet darling come to me.
Elderly.
Elderly my love
listen to my voice
hear my sweet call
listen to the whisper that rides on gentle currents
sounding in your dear ear.
Elderly.
Elderly, my love
She no longer loves you
she mocks you
so feeble she says to you
listen to her booming tones
listen to her screeching words
She doesn’t love you
Elderly.
Elderly my love
listen to her cracking
listen to her jeering in the laughter from able children
dinning in your dear ear.
Elderly.
Elderly my love
She no longer loves you
she mocks you
so useless she says to you
listen to her timbering threats
listen to her scathing ‘torts
She doesn’t love you.
Elderly.
Elderly my love.
She no longer loves.
Sweet Elderly,
Dear Elderly listen to my call
listen to the whisper
listen to my reason
Elderly.
Listen to my chime on the wind
Follow it Elderly
to sleep
to rest
to life’s soon end
Listen, Elderly, my sweet, my love.
He listened, he slumped, he stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment