Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Goth no wrimo

Usually I am excited about National Novel Writing Month which is in November. However a while back I got an email reminding me of Gothic Novel Writing month ( a NANO spin off) for October! I thought it would be rather fun to do. November is somewhat tainted now as many of you know about my dad. So I was more than pleased when I got the message about Goth No in October! I can still do the whole novella (I'm only going for 30K) in a month without the other damaging baggage. I can not believe it has been 11 months since my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and that it is now almost 8 since he died! Sometimes life sucks!
Ok, I am going to try and recover to the blissful place of writing!
Anyway, October 1st begins Gothic novel writing month!!! Excitement! I have no story idea yet or characters. I have a glue book page done to inspire me. That is about it! Maybe I should drag out the Poe for inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through this terrible anniversary. But you're certainly handling it in a positive fashion that would make your dad proud. Your glue book page looks Great! Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary!
    Thank you for the condolences. It's crazy over all. Still strange to believe it has all happened. Other times it seems like it was so long ago.

    thank you! I had fun making this one. Although I am not moving as quickly on my novel as I would like ugg. I wrote 1007 words today and 925 the other day. I behind a bit!

    ReplyDelete